On 4 April 2016, the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 will come into force. It follows a long and arduous review of New Zealand’s health and safety practices following the Pike River tragedy. EmploySafeNZ Limited is a Health and Safety consulting company that works alongside operations to help them improve and implement their health and safety procedures in an efficient and practical manner.
There will be a number of changes to the new Health and Safety laws currently in place and it is important that you keep up to date and abreast of the changes as they are implemented and tested.
It is important that your business or undertaking is keeping up to date of the changes so you can ensure that your business practices comply with the new legislative requirements. Whilst many businesses have been “doing” well in their health and safety practices there is still the mind-set that as long as we are doing it we don’t have to ‘document’ it. This is not the case.
What do I need to do:
If something goes wrong and someone gets hurt or injured how will you demonstrate that you do have good health and safety practices within your business and should not be prosecuted. It is important that you can show you know:
- what you need to have implemented in your business;
- that you have the correct equipment, safety mechanisms and procedures in place;
- that you train your staff;
- that you regularly revisit your practices so you can review and improve.
In order to show this you need to be ready and address the health and safety systems within your workplace.
How EmploySafeNZ can help you:
We at EmploySafeNZ Limited can help you do this by:
- Reviewing your Health and Safety policies and procedures;
- Reviewing how you engage and train your staff in health and safety matters;
- Setting out who and what duties each member of your business has;
- Providing an annual plan to help you work towards your health and safety goals; and
- Helping you implement new and safe procedures within your business.